It is not always easy to have an all occasion wardrobe, especially a tailored one. I am talking to you Gentlemen! Just the wrong fabric at the wrong time and you are in for some trouble.
Let’s talk warm weather and let us suggest you something-Linen shirts.
It was the 20th century when linen was firstly used by men as a clothing fabric. It’s natural, light, breathable, strong, comfortable and smooth. In no time, it was turned into a work- horse and being used everywhere, office, formal event or a casual day.
Linen Shirts offer a wide range of colors, so you can find yourself among them. The most popular are the light and neutral ones like white, ivory, ecru or light brown. The darker part of the palette does not fall behind too. It all depends on your personality and mood of the day.
You may ask “What about patterns?”
Linen shirts do actually allow different designs on their body and they are quite common as a way to give your outfit an edgy side.
• Fit always has a say in how you look. Slim fitted shirt is really on trend right now, but if you are not in a mood to be in a tight environment then a little looseness won’t hurt no one.
If you are a little curvy, be careful to pick a style that does not follow the lines of your body in every inch, because linen has no stretching abilities.
• Linen shirts are well composed with wool or cotton. Avoid mismatching like linen on linen, unless you are wearing a suit or linen on polyester. Those tend to go on other direction from each other.
• Accessories should be kept simple like the fabric is. Don’t ruin the whole outfit by adding “heavy” pieces.
• To complete your look, consider adding a leather belt. Thin if the shirt is short and thick if the shirt is a little long. It would help to hide its length. Also, this accessory makes your outfit more casual.
• Remember that linen shirts are flexible. They can be easily changed from formal to casual and day to night. Think along the lines of chinos for a dressy look and jeans for the casual one. Don’t be afraid to play with your wardrobe choices. This item will provide you different outfits every day.
• Linen wrinkles with ease, so don’t have a heart attack when you see them. You have to deal with them unless you have an iron with you. If they are a problem for you, then choose your shirt in darker tones. They will hide them pretty well.
Linen shirts keep you elegant and comfortable at the same time. (To polish your appearance visit Tailor4Less. Next thing you know, you will be falling for your own look.)